Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Introduction

Today, September 14, 2008, marks a new era for me as I officially enter the blogging world. To those of you out there who may be reading, I thought it might make sense to introduce myself before I began bloviating on some topic of interest. Basically, I am a 32 year old white middle class male who lives in Nebraska. I have a wife, 3 kids, a cat, and a mortgage. I go to work every day and I come home every night. Nothing too exciting. Just your typical average Joe Sixpack, I guess. Rather than using this blog as a narcissistic tool as my wife does, ahem, I will generally use this blog as a way to bloviate on topics of interest to me, ranging from sports, music, politics, and popular culture. It will function as my own editorial column except no one is paying me of course. This is my gift to you :)

To start off, I thought I would introduce some of my so-called favorites.

Favorite TV shows: Dallas and Three's Company are a couple that come to mind. I think most of today's shows suck.
Political Views: moderate Democrat.
Favorite Bands: Beatles, Rolling Stones, Doors, Who, U2. I think most of today's music sucks, so I have to revert back to the music of my parents.
Favorite Sports Teams: Iowa Hawkeyes football. I generally like to follow the national scene of college football. Living in Nebraska, we are inundated with coverage of the Cornhuskers, who have fallen on hard times as of late.
Favorite Athletes: Most of them are all a bunch of narcissistic panty wastes. I respect guys like Peyton Manning who show a lot of class and dignity.
Favorite Actors: I like tough guys such as Clint Eastwood and Al Pacino. I also enjoy Tom Hanks and Harrison Ford. Bill Murray, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy are funny as hell.
Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Caddyshack, and the list goes on and on.
Favorite Books: I like reading reference materials such as encyclopedias and almanacs. I also like books about money and sports. Not really into novels.

I also thought I would list some of my villains. So here they are.

Bill O'Reilly-have you ever heard such a self righteous windbag? The funny thing is that I agree with some of what he says. I must also credit him for my new favorite word, bloviate.

Rush Limbaugh-Rush Limbaugh really is a big fat idiot.

Most modern country and rap/hip hop music-if they combined the genres, you would have crap, although each genre produces enough crap on its own.

George W. Bush-Only a few more months left of this douschbag.

There are a lot more villains I could list but this is an introduction. And I will end this introduction by thanking my wife for setting this up for me. And thanks to you readers out there as well.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I don't think that's how you spell "douschbag".

Keep writing!